HELLO GERMANY, HELLO SIBERIA!
Once again, a month passed without an update (shit!). But this time, we have a good excuse!
I (Ryan) just returned from a 2 week work trip to Europe. I spent a week in Dublin, a few days in Berlin, and the rest of the time at the Frankfurt Book Fair (FBF) working my company's booth. FBF is the world's biggest book fair, and publishers from everywhere come to make book deals, sell foreign rights and shill their lastest releases.
During the trip, and especially during my down time walking the floor of FBF, I came across a whole slew of crazy, surprising and awesome comics shit. I'll be putting up all this random stuff (and lots of pics and movies) in a series of posts over the next week. They will include (dun dun DUN):
1. Things we recognize, but this time in GERMAN!
2. Dark Horse and non-crumbling Museums of Terror
3. A preponderance of Maruo
4. Jeff Smith and his Bone in deutsch
5. German gem, Insekt by Sascha Hommer
6. "Judith Park is the most famous manga-ka in Germany"
7. German cosplay and the international power of shojo
Look for the first post at the beginning of this week!